Johanna 16F Germany

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I like to spend time with my family and with friends. I love Music to listen to and I also play the piano and the transverse flute. I also love painting, which I often do in my spare time. I am thoughtful but can be spontaneous and amusing too. Especially with my friend and family I laugh a lot.

Interests:

• Piano
  • Transverse Flute
  • Painting
  • Drawing

Host Family Letter:

Dear Host family,

I am Johanna, I will turn 16 in January 2024 and I am looking for a nice family to spend my time with in USA. I live in a small town close to a medium-size city with my younger sister, my parents and our family dog. 

I like to spend time with my family. We often play cards or go hiking. I also spent a lot of time with my friend. We often go shopping together, go on walks or just sitting together and talk. I really love music. I listen very often to it and I play the piano for 10 years now and the transverse flute for 5 years. The flute I also play in my school band. In my free time I also like to paint and read. Moreover, I do charity work at my local church.

I love to travel too. I do it with my family and with the scouts. I really like my time as a scout. My group and I often go camping and spent time in the nature. Last summer I was on the world scout Jamboree in South Korea. 

For me as a person I can say that I am a funny, amusing and independent person, who love to laugh and have fun, but I also can be very thoughtful sometimes.

Johanna

Parent Letter:

Dear Host family,

we are Ulrike and Tim, loving parents of two beautiful daughters. Our older daughter Johanna was always smart and very kind. In the recent year she has made an astonishing development. On the one hand her trip to South Korea without us and on the other hand the application for this exchange program made her very self independent. Johanna has carefully thought about this application and although she is a family orientated person she made the decision to encounter this new challenge. With this application her grades in school have significantly improved and she is now one of the best in her class. We as he parents are proud of her and will miss her deeply, but we also now, that you may provide our daughter a once in lifetime opportunity and our biggest wish is that our daughter will find her place in a loving family.

Ulrike and Tim