Weekend Trip Packing List:

Skyler B.
Here is what I packed as a minimalist, well-prepared girl for my 3-day, 2-night trips this winter.

My Packing List:

• Lock! (For hostel)
  • Passport
  • TIE identification card
  • 3 cute day outfits
  • Pajamas - t-shirt and sweatpants (ya girl hates being cold)
  • Kindle
  • Toothbrush
  • Travel-size toothpaste
  • Black puffer coat
  • Scarf and gloves (if necessary)
  • Blundstones (or boots that are warm and rainproof)
  • Makeup remover
  • Socks - 6 pairs
  • Underwear - 5 pairs
  • Sports/Padded Bras - 4 total
  • Phone charger
  • Snacks
  • Cash (around €150 in case of emergencies)
  • Benadryl (just in case)
  • Water bottle
  • Toiletries (Must Bring: dry shampoo and travel-size perfume to refresh)
  • Day bag: Purple tote or fanny pack or purse with a short strap

Optional:

• Pillowcase (for hostel)
  • Raincoat
  • Air tag
  • Playing cards
  • 2 going out outfits
  • Sunglasses
  • Swimsuit
  • Shower shoes
  • Bar of Dove soap
  • Pads/tampons
  • Travel-size shampoo/conditioner

Pro tip:

This winter, I found that traveling with a versatile jacket and shoes is a game changer. It helps you travel lighter and you don’t have to worry about an outfit being unpredictably uncomfortable. While it can seem boring repeating the shoes and jacket all weekend, you can create entirely new outfits with different tops and hairstyles. You’ll also be glad your backpack isn't too heavy when you arrive early and can’t check into your hostel/Airbnb for a few hours.

My coat:

I got a winter puffer coat from Zara this fall and it’s still going strong. It’s kept me warm against freezing weather and is rainproof with a hood. It also has adjustable cords on the sides to alter the jacket length.

My shoes:

I wore my Blundstones into the ground this winter. They are rainproof and seriously comfortable, even when walking over 10,000 steps daily. Furthermore, wearing them with thick socks kept me warm even on the coldest days.

My bag:

I use a Calpak bag on my weekend trips. It has a lot of storage and can fully open which gives me easy accessibility when on the go. This bag is called the Terra 26L Laptop Backpack Duffel, and it fits airplane carry-on requirements.

Calpak Bookbag Duffel

Weekend Trip Outfit Examples:

Here are a few outfits I’ve worn on my weekend trips to London, Barcelona, and Amsterdam.

Travel Outfits

Warm-Weather Packing List:

My warm-weather packing list is essentially the same but with a lighter jacket and shoes, and I would veto the sweatpants.

Summary:

At the end of the day, you need your passport, TIE, and a few days' worth of clothes. And, if you forget anything there’s a high chance you can buy it once you arrive. Try out this packing list and adjust it to fit your preferences.