Pre-Departure

Teach In China Program

Hannah P.

I have finally made it. I leave for China in less than a week. The last 24 hours have felt like a whirlwind from recieving my work permit to applying for my visa. I never thought I could feel so many emotions in such a short time. However, my excitement is almost uncontainable. I have never looked more forward to something as I am for my departure. Yet, I am beginnng to miss everyone around me. I am beginning to have my "lasts" with everyone for a year and I don't know how to feel about it all. I have never been away from my loved ones for more than a few weeks and now I will be away from them for an entire year. 

The overwhelming support from everyone I hold close to me is what is giving me the courage to continue on this journey. A part of me is very scared to go off on my own for an entire year but the other part of me knows I can manage on  my own. I have very courageous people in my life that have helped me realize that I can do this on my own. My closest friends have done the same thing I am doing and they have become my source of strength. They are my constant reminder that I can do it because they did. I am ready to begin this new adventure and to explore things I never thought I would see in my lifetime.  I don't know what this next year has in store for me but I am extremely excited to find out.