8 of the Most Instagram-able Locations in Thailand

CIEE Teach Abroad

Whether you’re visiting on holiday, backpacking solo, or teaching English abroad, Thailand is a must-see destination. And for all of you travel bloggers out there, Thailand is about to be at the top of your list. Check out our list of some of the most Instagram-friendly locations across Thailand.

1. Vertigo & Moon Bar, Bangkok

Photo for blog post 8 of the Most Instagram-able Locations in Thailand

If you’re looking for a night of sass, class and views, the Vertigo and Moon Bar has it all. One of the tallest sky bars in Bangkok, this bar is 61 floors up and has some incredible sights to see. Sit, enjoy a pretty cocktail, and capture the moment.

2. Monkey Beach, Phuket

How many of your friends back home get to hang out with monkeys on a beach? This experience may not be for everyone, but it sure does photograph better than the seagulls you'll find at beaches back home!

3. James Bond Beach, Phang Nga Bay

Just another stunning spot to gaze over incredible cliff sides and inviting blue waters. But this time it was featured in a movie! See where The Man with the Golden Gun was filmed and show off the peculiar and beautiful rock formations to all your friends back home!

4. Elephant Nature Park, Chiang Mai

If anyone you know has every visited Thailand, this elephant sanctuary has probably shown up on your timeline. Meeting elephants is an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience, and makes for such cute pictures!

5. Railay Beach, Krabi

Unfortunately, due to heavy tourism Maya Bay is closed to tourists, so you’ll have to wait a few more years to capture your perfect Insta there. Luckily, there are lots of amazing beaches to visit in Thailand in the meantime, such as Railay Beach!

6. Wat Pho, Bangkok

This Buddhist Temple just has a way of standing out amongst the rest. Partly because it is one of the largest temples, but also because of its incredible colors and unique details. This eye-catching architecture and symmetry also make for a stunning image.

7. Railway Market, Bangkok

Although not conventionally beautiful like many of the spots listed so far, Thailand’s Railway market is a unique experience, giving any picture a lot of charm. For produce, to homemade goods this market is also an excellent place to try thing you never have before.

8. Floating Market, Bangkok

A common way to shop in Thailand that is completely foreign to visitors! Thailand’s floating markets are almost a surreal way to shop and is also a great example of the way residents have made great use of all of Thailand’s natural resources. The color-popping produce and hand-made goods made this an easily Instagrammed adventure.