Weekend visits to the Dublin Coastline

Advocating for Social Justice

Aoife Finlay

For the students first weekend in Ireland, they got the opportunity to visit two coastal towns outside of Dublin City. On Saturday we headed to Howth which is situated on the North side of Dublin bay.  Following a short trip on the DART, Dublin's rail system, we arrived in Howth and the students spent some time getting lunch and exploring the area. After, the students ventured on a coastal cliff walk led by local CIEE staff. The walk gave students the chance to take in the beautiful sights of Dublin's coastline. 

On Sunday we headed south of Dublin to Dún Laoghaire. Each Sunday the town has a local artisan market where you can find a mixture of food stalls and hand crafted jewellery and gifts. We arrived to Dún Laoghaire just in time for lunch so we headed straight to the market and students got to sample some of the food on offer. Later in the afternoon we took a short walk from the market to Sandycove beach where the students made the most of the uncommon warm Irish weather and swam in the sea!!