The Walk is Always Worth the View

Theatre Arts on London’s Stage

Catherine Bettag

We have had an exciting few days in London!

Our group started Wednesday with improv games in class. A lot of talent shined through, and the kids clearly had fun! After class, we learned about the Great Fire of London and got a chance to climb all 311 stairs to the top of the Monument. The view was amazing! After we finished our climb, we celebrated Daven's birthday with popsicles.

Thursday brought more morning class, a tour of the Victoria and Albert Museum, and our second show. We had the opportunity to see The End of History... at Royal Court Theatre. We laughed, we cried, and we were brought closer through our discussion of the important themes within the play. Our group really loved this show!

Today we enjoyed our last morning class for the week, which included the first homework assignment! The students are broken into groups to prepare a scene to present in class next week. It is up to them to make all blocking and character choices. After class, we grabbed our lunch and headed out to Greenwich Square. We enjoyed a cool breeze on the ferry, and then got some time to shop in the Greenwich Market before having fish and chips for dinner in the park. It was a great, relaxing afternoon.