Villas are Everywhere in Rome!

Connecting Italian Art, History & Culture

Tracy Gallo

Over the weekend, the students visited several villas around Rome. They visited Villa Medici, Villa Farnesina, Villa Borghese and Villa Pamphili. They discovered some amazing art and statues and had some breathtaking views of the city. At Villa Borghese the students were treated to a boat ride...but they had to row it! Let's just say, some prefer to keep both of their feet on dry land but appreciated the experience. At Villa Pamphili, the students and program leaders spent the day relaxing under the trees while enjoying their picnic lunch. About a dozen students decided to go against each other with a game of volleyball. Several other students played some soccer and others learned how to play bocce ball. It was a peaceful afternoon about an hour (via public transportation) outside of the city center. It's hard to believe that these Global Navigators are starting their third and final week of the program. Great friendships have been made over the past two weeks and I know they will remain in contact with each other, especially via social media.