¡Vamos a la playa!

Spanish Language & Mexican Culture

Amanda Hall

On Saturday, the students embarked on an exciting excursion to two breathtaking locations: Reserva Ecologica El Corchito and Celestun Beach. Immersed in nature and beachside bliss, the students had an unforgettable experience filled with exploration, wildlife encounters, and cherished moments with friends. Let's delve into the highlights of their adventure.

Nestled within the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Reserva Ecologica El Corchito holds a significant place in the region's natural heritage. The reserve boasts a diverse ecosystem comprising mangroves, lush vegetation, and enchanting cenotes—natural sinkholes filled with crystalline water. This ecological gem has been carefully preserved over the years, offering visitors a unique opportunity to connect with nature. The students had the chance to swim in the refreshing waters, experiencing what it's like to immerse omselve in these natural wonders.It is not only a sanctuary for stunning landscapes but also home to an abundance of wildlife. The students were fortunate to witness the playful antics of wild raccoons and other intriguing creatures that call this reserve their home. This encounter deepened their appreciation for the delicate balance of nature and left them with cherished memories.

After spending time at El Corchito, the students continued their excursion to an idyllic Beach Club in Celestun. This pristine beach, situated along the breathtaking Celestun coast, is renowned for its picturesque beauty. The beach's long stretches of golden sand, complemented by the crystal-clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico, provided a picturesque backdrop for the students' afternoon of leisure and relaxation

At the Beach Club, the students relished the opportunity to spend quality time with their friends. They savored delicious hamburgers and fries by the beach. To beat the tropical heat, they sipped on bottomless lemonade, horchata, and hibiscus tea—a refreshing treat to complement the sun-kissed atmosphere. The students spent the afternoon floating in the pools and swimming in the ocean water. 

The excursion to Reserva Ecologica El Corchito and Celestun Beach Club left a lasting impression on the group of students. Immersed in the natural wonders of El Corchito and the coastal charm of Celestun Beach, they discovered the perfect balance between adventure, relaxation, and camaraderie. The memories created during this day trip will forever hold a special place in their hearts, inspiring a deep love for nature and an appreciation for the simple pleasures of life.