A successful arrival!

Honors Spanish Language & Culture

Eva Solis Cortes

They made it! After endless hours of flight, our children made it safely to Madrid. But... As much as we'd like to let them rest... There's so much to do!

Orientation Day was packed with things they needed to do. Getting to know each other, introduce themselves to their Program Leader, receive their Student ID - which will allow them to get into museums for free! - and most importantly... El Juramento. The Language Pledge is an important part of the Orientation process, in which, after Jet Lag has been conquered, they promise to stick to speaking spanish for the next month as much as it is possible for them.

But it's not all work; after they completed their Language Pledge, their Program Leaders took them in a very exciting trip to El Parque del Buen Retiro. The most important Park in Madrid, with a lake, countless statues, restaurants and heladerías. It is beautiful! Although they would have appreciated to not visit it in the middle of a heat wave :( But worry not! Program Leaders are equipped with sunblock and are constantly nagging them about it!

Dinner consisted of Paella because, well... Of course. And last, but not least, they joined their Host Families, who were possibly even more excited to meet them than they were.

A great start to this adventure, in which we are confident they will be very successful.