Student Takeover: Caroline's First Weekend in Mallorca!

Mediterranean Marine Ecosystems & Sustainability

Lucy Ehrlich

This blog post was written by Caroline Hicks about her first weekend in Mallorca!

¡Hola!

I have officially completed my first week of studying abroad in Palma de Mallorca, Spain! In just a week, I have been able to meet so many other students, explore the city of Palma, and try all kinds of new foods.

After a long week of school and exploring, our program leaders took us on a 45-minute bus ride to four beautiful places. The first stop was at Pollença, where we were able to explore the town. Our challenge was to find the highest point of the town, which had a fabulous view.

After the city tour of Pollença, we went to the Es Colomer viewpoint. This location was by far the prettiest view I have seen on this trip. My classmates and I took photos and used a drone to capture the full view of the lookout point.

Then, we took the bus to Formentor Beach, where we swam, read, and ate lunch. The water was so clear and blue, and I loved the opportunity to explore a different beach in Mallorca. It was also so relaxing to lay on the sand and read because we had been working so hard all week.

Finally, after the beach, we went to the city of Alcudia. Our program leaders bought us ice cream, and we were able to explore the city. I loved seeing another part of Mallorca because Alcudia is a much smaller town in Mallorca, and it allowed me to see various aspects of the culture on the island. I look forward to the program leaders taking us back to Alcudia for our camping trip!

I am so grateful for these excursions because it widens my perspective on the importance of travel and expands my knowledge on the beauty that the world holds.