Spy Museum

German Language & Culture

Erin Munsie

Hard to believe that the first week in Berlin for Language and Culture is over! We have adjusted to jet lag, living with a host family and our German classes. Friendships are developing and we are having a wonderful time. Our excursion today is…

Das Spionage Museum - The Spy Museum! After first seeing the Sony Center at Potsdamer Platz, we ventured to the interactive museum to learn about spies, both past and present! 

We have learned about the spies (Stasi) from East Germany and some of the tactics they employed on not only the enemy, but on their own citizens. The museum not only showed the history of spying, but also showed some really neat examples and had activities for the visitors! We saw examples of microphones in shoes or cameras in lipstick cases. A highlight of the museum was the laser maze! Students could try to finish a maze made entirely out of lasers, which created some pretty hilarious moments and photos. Ask your student their best time in the laser maze! The museum brought together history and fun. We are ready to become our best 007!