Sorry I missed my flight, I never wanna leave Mérida

Spanish Language & Mexican Culture

Angel Fross

Justttt kiddinggggg! But seriously. Today was our last day and I am SO. SAD. 

We went to "El Gran Museo del Mundo Maya" and I was absolutely floored with how informative, beautiful, and well-done it is. I feel like I learned so much about the Mayan culture on this trip, and I am so thankful. It was beautiful to read about this group's long history. We spent almost two hours visiting the museum and that seemed to be enough time. I really cannot recommend this museum enough! A lot of the signs were in 3 languages: Maya, Spanish, and English. However, many signs were in 2 languages: Maya and Spanish. 

After the museum, we went to my mom's house--I mean, a host mom's house. Talk about my dream home! It was seriously such a gorgeous home and it was obvious that she takes such great care of any student she is hosting. They had their own bedrooms, bathrooms, lots of different areas to hang out (I would be at the pool every single day, but that's just me...). She cooked us the most delicious meal and made us feel so at home. We were offered homemade juices and drinks like watermelon, orange, and horchata. The queso relleno was out of this world, along with the cochinita pibil tacos. WOW. I am still not over it.

After lunch, we had the "sobremesa" and chatted about our experiences and different cultures. It made me feel so grateful to be able to be here and live in a world where people appreciate our diversity. Unfortunately, we did have to leave (I am still pouting) but hopefully I'll be back one day!