Singing, Dancing, and Skin Care!

K-Pop Immersion

Sartu Taha

Today we had a very exciting day at the YGX Dance Academy! Our dancers finally got the opportunity to show us all their talent on the dance floor. The k-pop dance class was led by a professional dancer from the Academy who taught us the choreography to Dumb Dumb by Somi. Although it was a challenge, many of the navigators caught on quickly and impressed us all! At the end of the class, the students all got to take turns performing along with their instructor. As fun as the dancing was, I think some students were most excited about spotting Jinhwan from IKON at the YG Entertainment headquarters! 

After the dance class, the navigators and their program leaders met up with their Korean student Seoul mates in Hongdae. The students had a couple hours of free time to enjoy a warm meal, shopping, or karaoke. Afterwards, the students all met up at Acoustic Holic to enjoy a private indie concert by Jungheum Band. The night was absolutely lovely and the band also let the students take the stage and show off their musical abilities too, some students sang and others played the guitar for us all! It was a great way to end the night. 

The next day, the navigators got to enjoy another amazing lecture by 2 make up artists in the K-pop industry. They taught the class about popular make up trends in Korea and even gave a student a Korean Idol make over! The best part may have been the face masks they surprised the navigators with! Later that evening, the students got to enjoy a moonlight tour of Deoksu Palace, where they got to listen to stories about the Japanese invasion of South Korea and the preservation of the King’s palace.