SEACHANGE

Taking Climate Action

Keira Freeman

Written and published by: Joey DiMare

During week 2 of our program, one of our assignments was to quickly draft a concept for a sustainable movement or product. My group worked on an ocean conservation program that utilized a competitive spirit in order to effectively clean our beaches. Soon after our presentation, we realized we had all fallen in love with the concept and wanted to pursue it further.

Enter SEACHANGE, a youth-led national organization that cleans our oceans and spreads climate change education to our newer generations. We expanded on our concept and grew a non-profit that we can all work on and participate in despite our long distances. Quickly, the idea kept growing and the planning of events and the recruitment of other teenagers became the present. We had created a brand identity, a website, and plans to integrate new clubs into our local communities.

Currently, we are still devising our concept and fleshing out our plans but we hope that SEACHANGE will be able to grow with us and keep on giving back to the community as a memoir of our adventures here in Copenhagen.