Over the Train Tracks, Through the Mountains...To Machu Picchu!

Lauren H.

Last weekend, Pisac Session 1 went on the trip of a lifetime to Machu Picchu! This excursion was one that everyone has been looking forward to for months. I know that I, and the rest of the students, will remember this sacred place and all its beauty and mystery. This has definitely been one of the highlights of my trip, and has made me realize and appreciate all the hard work it has taken for me to get here. In a word, Machu Picchu was maravilloso. For years I gaped in awe at photos in travel magazines or on postcards, but I never thought that I would actually see it for myself! I could talk all about the beauty of Machu Picchu, but I'll let you see our grand adventure for yourself and all that we learned there. 

Photo for blog post Over the Train Tracks, Through the Mountains...To Machu Picchu!
Train ride from Aguas Callientes to Machu Picchu 
Arrived!
Terraced Fields
Intihuatana stone: a ritual stone that many spiritual teachers, such as Shamen, make their wishes at. 
The Sacred Rock: imitates the shape of the mountains behind it, others see a puma or even a guinea pig

Temple of the Condor: the wings are carved into the mountain and the head and neck were used as an altar for prisoners 
Royal Tomb: lines up with the Temple of the Sun and the construction represents Pachamama or Mother Earth. Incan religion is based off their love of the sun, moon, stars, and especially the mountains around them. They also believed in the afterlife which is why they mummified the dead. 

The edge of the Amazon

My awesome roommate Jenny!
Huayna Picchu: The name of the famous mountain in all of the post card pictures. Also "Wayna Pikchu" in Quechua means "young peak."
Thankful for a great adventure with great friends! Ft. Lauren B. + Jenny

Only one more week to go!