Our New Home / Safety First!

Guy Wulfing

Hello followers!

Now that we've arrived at the National Olympics Memorial Youth Center where we will be living and learning together for the summer, its time for everyone's favorite...orientation!

We had some group discussions about culture comparisons and program expectations after learning about the rules and workings of our lodgings.

The first day of excursions in the city took us to the Ikebukuro Life Safety Learning Center, which gave us some experience getting used to the Tokyo train system!

Once we arrived at the center, the students spent a few hours learning about how to prevent and cope with common natural threats in Japan. They enjoyed interacting with the subject in an interactive ways such as the earthquake simulator, smoke escape practice, and handling real fire extinguishers.

After the interactive tour was finished, students had a chance to walk through the big city atmosphere before having dinner at a shopping center.

Unfortunately we were too excited shopping at the Pokemon Mega Center to take any pictures!

The students are getting a taste of how exciting Toyko can be, and I can tell they are itching to explore more of the city on their own.

There's something for everyone here. What nooks of the city will they find?