One end is another start

Taking Climate Action

Marc

As I write this blog, I am reflecting on the incredible experience I had with the session students. So many laughs and smiles, and even some “unhinged” moments. It’s going to be hard to forget Mitchell’s amazing personality and sense of unity in the group, or Joey’s incredible artistic ability and love for Taylor Swift. Who can forget Meghan’s addiction for coffee/Red Bulls, and Mari’s love for public transport. I can go on and list and least one thing I remember about each one of these incredible human beings, but this blog would have no end. Who would’ve known that in three weeks we would become so close.

On our last full day in Copenhagen, we took a walking tour to see the lovely (maybe underwhelming) Little Mermaid statue, and then we gave our students some time to explore the city on their own and buy some last-minute gifts. On Saturday, July 8th we had to say our final goodbyes. I will say I did cry a little saying goodbye to the students and to my incredible fellow PL Keira. We all built a close friendship and shared moments we will remember for a lifetime. Thank you ‘Session 1’ for being an incredible group, and I can’t wait to see/hear what you all do in your future endeavors. 

As we finished one chapter, we start another. Three of our session I students were able to meet some of our session II students at JFK airport. It was lovely to have Emma, Isabelle and Vedha give some of the session II students some feedback and recommendations for Copenhagen. 

Most of our session II students arrived in Denmark on Sunday July 9th, and they were taken to Cabinn to drop off their bags and meet me. We all had our first walk together to the train and made our way to CIEE for a ‘welcome presentation’ and dinner. After a long day of traveling, our students decided to have an evening to rest and be ready for orientation on Monday.

To my session II students, I look forward to starting this journey with you and make some amazing memories in Denmark. Farvel for nu.