Meet Our CIEE Family

Botswanan Wildlife Conservation

Brittany Sumner

We are leaving today to head into the bush, for a week, and we might not have wifi or cell service. So, don't worry if you don't hear from us! I will try to post a blog if there is any wifi during our trip. I don't want you guys to forget about us and all the students lovely faces; so I would like to introduce you to all of our CIEE family.

Meet Our Students!

ANNABEL

Annabell is from Arlington, VA and loves to draw and listen to music in her free time. She can be quiet at times but when she talks she has a lot to share. She is good to the core and sweet to everyone she encounters!  She has a lot of hobbies, but really loves to play the trumpet and ukalele! Her favorite food is mangos!!!

​DANIELLE

Danielle is from Jamestown, NC and loves to read and hang out with her friends in parking lots. Haha. If you hear someone talking it is probably Danielle. She keeps us on our toes and constantly laughing! She is blunt and makes everyone her friend! Something interesting about her is that she is deathly afraid of paper. Her favorite food is mashed potatoes.

DIANA

Diana, is from Chicago and loves roasted veggies. Yes, really, her favorite food is roasted veggies. In her free time she loves to go get good coffee with her friends. Diana is extremely smart and artistic and has lots of talents, like fussing glass! She is one of the most independent students in our group and very inquisitive.

HALEY

​Haley is from Rochester, NY and loves to hangout with her family and have campfires! I have never met someone as positive as Haley and she is a pleasure to be around.  She is really good at cooking and enjoys cooking for her host family, especially soup because it is her favorite. She is constantly asking awesome qustions and excited to learn about subject we throw her way.

​JEREMIAH

​Jear Bear is from Idaho and loves to play board games in his free time.  He is an extremely hard worker and went above and beyond for our service project!  He's one of those people that you always know will have your back.  Siomething random and cool about him is that he can drive a semi truck! He also loves to eat the backstrap from an elk!

JOVAN

​Jovan is from New Jersey, and loves to play with dogs at home and with his host family.  You wouldn't know it just looking at him, but he loves to write short stories and has a very vivid imagination.  Jovan has constant energy that keeps everyone's spirit up and you never know what is going to come out of his mouth!  He's genuine and loves animals and he wants to pet all of them (even ones we shouldn't. haha.). His favorite food is hot wings!

KARLA

Karla is from Stanford, CT and loves to water color or hang out with friends in her free time. Don't get on her bad side because she is a second degree black belt in karate. She loves to eat any kind of sushi! Karla has one of the biggest hearts I have ever encountered and isn't afraid to be silly. She's quirky and everyone find themselves drawn to her good energy!

TATE

Tate is from Portland, Maine and loves to hangout with his friends and play guitar. Thank goodness for Tate because he has taught us all how to be expert hacky sack players and we always play it in our free time. He is always smiling and has an old soul! He goes with the flow and is one of the chillest guys around. He even has a van that he eventually wants to live in! His favorite food is a lumberjack sandwich, which is a peanut butter, bacon, and maple syrup.

MATTHEW

Matthew is from Austin, TX and his favorite activity is to go climbing! Something random about Matthew, that he said no one realizes, is that he is half Chinese. Hey really loves fruit, especially raspberries! Mathew joined us a little late, but he fit right into our CIEE family without a problem. His sarcasm and jokes keeps up smiling.

ZOE

Zoe is from Madison, Wisconsin and loves to draw and go to coffee shops. Something random about her is that she has a crooked arm and is extremely double jointed! Her favorite food is tacos! Zoe is the kind of person that is friend with everyone and I never see her not smiling. Her eyes are always sparkling with excitement and she enjoys everything we do!

RIKESH

Rikesh is from Chicago and loves to play for knight and hangout with his best friends. He also loves to eat burgers and play the guitar. Rikesh is really funny and flexible, always willing to roll with whatever gets thrown our way. He is also very aware of his surrounding and pays close attention to details. Because of this I can never get a candid photo of him!

REGINA

Regina is from NY City and loves to watch Korean and Chinese dramas! She also really loves to dance and eat Korean food with friends. She isn't afraid to branch outside her comfort zone and always tries everything. She also has a laugh that is contagious.

MICHELLE

Michelle is from New Mexico and in her free time she loves to play with kids and hangout with them. She said she didn't have a favorite food but loves black tea with sugar !Michelle is always honest and puts her whole self into everything we do. I never have to worry about her not having energy. Not matter if we've hiked all day or only had 3 hours of sleep, she keeps the energy high. She is also a really singer and loves to play piano!

PEACHES AND ALAINA

Meet Alaina and I, the kids program leaders! I just want to send a special shout out to Alaina for being an amazing co-leader and always going above and beyond!

PEACE OUT AN D SEE Y'ALL IN A WEEK!