!Llegamos a Pisac!

Ani Haroian

The CIEE Global Navigator High School Study Abroad group has officially arrived in Pisac, and we have been going ever since! 

All students arrived in Pisac with Program Leaders on Sunday. We were greeted by the team at the Univerity who were very excited to receive us. Students enjoyed their first Peruvian meals and rested in the afternoon at the PUCP (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú). The University is a beautiful spot in the center of Pisac and a great place to gather and learn. 

Photo for blog post !Llegamos a Pisac!

Photo for blog post !Llegamos a Pisac!

Monday was a very busy day for all. Students met their two Spanish teachers for the program and they were placed into levels 2 or 3 based on a writing and oral speaking exam. We went to a local restaurant as a group to eat lunch. Program Leaders were impressed by students' enthusiasm and use of the target language in lunch conversations. 

Photo for blog post !Llegamos a Pisac!

The moment all had been anxiously waiting finally came in the late afternoon...students were greeted by their host families! All members of the families came with big smiles, some with signs, and all left to enjoy their first dinner and evening together in preparation for the first day of classes. 

Photo for blog post !Llegamos a Pisac!