Lernt mit uns! = Learn with us!

German Language & Culture

Christine Littmann

Frühstück = Breakfast:  This has been the favorite meal for most of the students so far.  They are eating with their host families, or finding yummy bakeries along the way.  Today’s recommendation is the “Strawberry-Nutella Croissant”!

Sonnenschein = Sunshine:  The weather has been sunny and warm this week  (...maybe even a bit hot).  It has been perfect for most of our outings.

Kulture = Culture:  Students visited the Humboldt Forum this week where they strolled around the Berlin exhibit.  They interacted with themes such as fashion trends, advocacy, and city life.

Kiez = Neighborhood:  Our campus is located in a fabulous neighborhood!  Students walked around on a short tour to find all the great food, fun shops, and other places to meet their needs–all within a few blocks of the classrooms.

Mission Unterwegs = Mission On the Move:  We are so proud of the students for taking risks and using their new German skills to talk with people in the community.  Every afternoon they are given a task to go out and speak with shopkeepers, restaurant workers, and friendly passerbyers, building up their language.

Museum = Museum (This is your freebie): Some students and I visited the Deutsches Technikmuseum where there are displays of cars, boats and planes from the beginning of time to present.  Highlights were Carl Benz’ first Tricar, an U-Boot, and a Lufthansa passenger plane.

Bis bald!  =  See you soon!