Guest Blogger: Stef Stibler!

German Language & Culture

Julianne O'Connell

Hallo,

Photo for blog post Guest Blogger: Stef Stibler!

I am finally here! One month ago I was getting excited about this trip by reading the blog posts that students from the previous year had written. I could not wait to travel to Berlin and experience all of it for myself. One week finished, and my experience with the language and culture has already been unforgettable.

In just one week, I have spoken German to complete strangers at the Brandenburger Tor, slid down a three-story slide at the Mall of Berlin … almost spent all my money at the Mall of Berlin (just joking), biked and had a picnic at Tempelhof Park, had several deep discussions with my host father, have been to at least ten different U Bahn stops, and have climbed the 270-steps to the top of Victory Column. There is so much for me to add to my travel journal - the hard part is finding the time to do it!  At first, I thought it would be school, home, dinner, sleep, and repeat but it is not like that at all.  I love learning German at school, and after, I have such a nice walk home, dinner with my host parents is the best part of my day and then when my head hits my pillow I am out, ready to start another day.  I am so glad that I have 3-weeks left of my program!

Bis bald! Tschüss!

Stef