Guest Blogger: Malaki Fowler

Julianne O'Connell

Julianne O'Connell

Welcome to another guest blog, this time brought to you by Malaki Fowler! 

Malaki is originally from Pittsburgh and is in the Level 2 German class. He shares his thoughts on Berlin after living here for two weeks. Enjoy!

After living in Berlin for two weeks, I have come to the conclusion that this is the greatest place I have ever been to. Compared to my home and to all the other places in America that I have visited, this is the best. The culture that radiates off of every street, every building, and every person is so intense and beautiful. I have been to most parts of the city, and every single neighborhood has left me astonished with its beauty and sense of self. Berlin is a very diverse city and very accepting of everyone. Everywhere you go there is something new to be discovered. Whether one goes to the tourist areas or to the local areas, they will always find something new to love and appreciate. The old architecture is simply astounding and breathtaking. The modern architecture is beautiful in another way, but it still makes me feel like I’m home. Berlin feels like my home, in my heart, I can feel it. I love this city, I love these people, and I love this program.

The building where Malaki lives with his host family
Malaki's photo of the Bundesrat during one of our walking tours
Malaki's photo of the Reichstag during our visit in week 2

Thank y'all for staying tune! Until next time!

Bis zum nächsten Mal!

Julianne and Malaki