Featured Blogger: Elsa Gordon

Advocating for Social Justice

Julianne O'Connell

Today's featured post comes from Elsa Gordon, of Portland, Maine. Elsa shares her experience of our Sunday day trip to Dun Laoghaire, a coastal town about 30 minutes away from Dublin

_______

Before we headed off to Dun Laoghaire, we had some free time which I spent enjoying with some friends in a park near St Patrick’s Cathedral. Then after meeting at Trinity, we were headed to the train station for a quick ride over to Dun Laoghaire. As we rode up, we began to see the beautiful views of Ireland’s rocky coast. 

They gave us a lunch stipend which we were able to use at a lovely farmers market right in the middle of town. There were also many vendors selling handmade crafts and jewelry. Including a women selling jewelry made from bog wood that we had met before and a man who had been making his own pottery for about 40 years. We had three hours to explore the coast and all of its surrounding greenery. I was able to go swimming and then spent some time relaxing near the ocean and soaking up the sun. We all met to take the train back, and finished the night off with some food.

Photo for blog post Featured Blogger: Elsa Gordon

____________________

Thank you, Elsa! I think we can all agree that we have been lucky to have such beautiful weather in which to explore the beautiful Irish coastline.

We are starting our third week with happy hearts!

Until next time,

Julianne