Farewell, London!

Theatre Arts on London’s Stage

Erin Munsie

The last days in London have been full and exciting! Students soaked up all the time they could with their new friends in this great city. 

Students performed their five original pieces on Thursday and there was a lot to be proud of! Their growth and self confidence shined for the instructors, the CIEE staff and their peers. After the performances, we went to a really great Turkish restaurant in Bloomsbury to enjoy a final meal with Abraham and Simon, as well as share feedback for the wonderful pieces! The night ended with our last musical of the trip, chosen by the students - Matilda! A really fun show and a great way to soak up all of Theatreland that we can. 

Our final day was filled with finding time to pack as well as time to enjoy London and the new friendships. Between the British Museum, Museum of London and last minute gifts for friends and family back home, there was a lot to take in! 

Students once again visited the British Museum, but this time enjoyed a traditional British afternoon tea! They enjoyed English Breakfast tea with a splash of milk and fresh warm scones with jam and butter. It was a wonderful last group lunch before the end of the program. Most definitely recommend visiting the Great Court Restaurant in the British Museum!

What better way to end the trip than BOWLING?! Isa had the highest score, but we all had a lot of fun. Tears and hugs took us to the airport to say goodbye after a wonderful three weeks here in London with CIEE and the amazing theatre around us!