Day to day in Denmark

Taking Climate Action

Kristin Montgomery

Our Global Navigators have been in Copenhagen almost a week now, and are getting used to their daily routine.  Part of the group is at Basecamp City and part of the group is at Basecamp South, so our morning and evening routines vary a bit, depending on location.  

Generally, we get up around 7:00 and walk to breakfast at a nearby café where we enjoy fresh-squeezed orange juice, coffee and bread and pastries.  Then we continue to the CIEE study center, which is located right in the heart of Copenhagen.  Class is usually from 9:00-12:00, with an activity in the afternoon.  For lunch we walk to the nearby Riz Raz restaurant that has a green (sustainable!) lunch buffet of vegetarian food.  Students have some time for free time near the study center each day to explore.  

Depending on the afternoon activity, we may eat dinner in small groups where we are or come back to the CIEE center for a catered dinner and a bit of chill time.  Around 7:00 we head back to Basecamp where students can play basketball, cook in the communal kitchen, use the gym or just chill with friends.  

Check-in is at 10:00 and usually our days have been so full that we are ready to hit the hay before starting all over again.