Climbing the Steps of St. Paul's

Theatre Arts on London’s Stage

Alexis Savas

Yesterday, we had a very full day.  After class, our Global Navigators climbed all 528 steps of St. Paul's Cathedral for an amazing view over London. We were all in it together, because due to the cathedral rules we had to stay together as a group the whole way up.  It was fun to see the kids supporting each other, helping their new friends reach a common goal of getting to the top.  But really, isn't that one of the main reasons to do study abroad?  To get new viewpoints, create and reach goals you could not reach if you stayed home, and to better understand others?  Our Global Navigators here in London are really learning how important collaboration is, especially in theater. No one can put on an entire production alone- you need lights, music, scriptwriting, and so many more- all of equal importance. 

After making our way back down, we headed over to Brick Lane, home of some of the best curry shops in London. Our intrepid Navigators tried new curries, channas, and tikka masalas. Everyone is getting a bit more adventurous here in London when it comes to food. There are so many different restaurants here.... we have already tried Portuguese, Italian, Pan Asian, Indian, and of course fish and chips and other traditional Pub Fare.  We can't wait for more next week!