Chinese Traditonal Game Day

Ning Zhang

Today we were introduced with two chinese traditional games called ,"跳皮筋 Tiao Pi Jin ," also known as chinese jumpers rope. And "剪子 Jian zi" also known as shuttlecock. These games were very famous amongst young children and teens during the traditional festivals. The games are followed by a traditional and diverse meal, music, arts, and celebrations of ancient festivities. Families are gathered around as the children play these games and have fun. The cultural difference is also based on the connection amongst the people. The object is to keep it from touching the ground. Besides being played in the schoolyard, it is also very popular among the senior citizens as a way to keep their limbs active.nlike the Western jump rope, the object of this game is to hook your legs into the rope to form loops and patterns in a certain sequence. This is often accompanied by a rhyme or song. As each level is completed, the rope is moved higher, making the patterns more difficult to complete. Today we visited one of the most beautiful parks in Beijing China named, "自祝愿 公 园 Zizhiyuan park." It has a beautiful scenery with bamboo sticks around the park and has boats to ride around the park to enjoy the scenery even more. It is one of the many places chinese citizens go to in order to relax or to take their (grand)children to play the traditional games mentioned above. I would really recommend this park if you would like to relax or take a walk in the park to drift on into the relaxing, beautiful scenery. 

Sajaira Parra