Bradbury Mountain and Target Trip

Khaddija Jobe

On Sunday, the students hiked one of the trails at Bradbury Mountain and had the chance to visit Target for their first time. Once the students reached the summit, they had lunch while admiring Portland from high above. They took plenty of photos while others socialized with each other. While at Target, many of them shopped for clothing as others explored the snack and sweets aisle. Two students even bought little ponies and CD’s as souvenirs for their families.

After a long day, the students returned to the dorms where they had a communal dinner (lots of pizza!) with their Program Leaders and one of their Instructors. The students had the rest of the night off and spent it playing ping-pong (competitively) and pool while others played FIFA on X-box. While some students were engaging in indoor activities, others went for their daily run around campus or played baseball and hot potato, the Baltic version. Program Leader Kassie was able to take a few students to the beach and played frisbee with them before taking a dip in the cold Portland sea.

The students will kick-off their Monday with learning about how to analyze data for their current Sea Dogs project and their upcoming ones as well. The students will continue to work on perfecting their Sea Dogs presentation which will be presented to the managerial staff of the Hadlock Stadium, where the Sea Dogs play, on Tuesday morning!

Lastly, we celebrated the birthday of Rasmus, who turned 18. He was surprised with chocolate cake and donuts from Dunkin Donuts as he was serenaded with the voices of his peers wishing him a happy birthday!