Bienvenidos al Proyecto Lavanda

Chrissy Gill

We made it to the Lavender Project! What a change of pace! We went from bustling Guanajuato to el campo...

We started right off with a bit of history of the Lavender Project and their vision of a business that also cares for its community. The aspire to not only provide jobs to local families, but also bring back community members who have migrated north. Not only have they created a self sufficient business that produces a wide variety of lavender products, but they also provide the community with various health and educational opportunities.

After that, we got to work! First up: clean the lavender!

In the afternoon, we got to spend time with many of the local children.. we had a blast playing musical chairs, duck duck goose, lotería, and reading a few books!

This morning we were unable to weed in the fields due to some overnight heavy rains, so we were able to do some more lavender cleaning and take a tour of the fields. In the afternoon, we learned about how some locals are making natural products and medicines. We even made some lotion!

Included in our presentation was a quick lesson on massages and their theropeutic uses. Some students even got a sample, while others learned how to give them.

Tomorrow will be an exciting day... we are off to see the bees!