Baking

Ning Zhang

Today, we learned how to make a unique Chinese dessert known as a "box cake". This dessert is considered unique because all of its ingredients are healthy and organic. For example, box cake uses a special type of cream that comes from the milk from animals. Ordinary cream is typically made from plants, and is considered unhealthy because it goes through many chemical processes and contains a lot of sugar. Making a box cake is fairly simple. All you need to do is to just decorate it as you desire. Usually cream fills up the space between the two pieces of bread, but you can also make dots, draw circles, or curved lines on the surface of the cake. You can also decorate it even further by placing fruits, such as kiwis, peaches, and dragonfruits, at different places on the surface. After these steps, all there is left to do is to eat it! Unless you are sensitive to dairy, I would highly recommend this dessert to anyone. This dessert is most definitely delectable, remarkable, and enjoyable to make.

Jonathan Truong