Anonymous Student Takeover!

Leadership & Service in Youth Development

Emma Hauser

You would think that a week in a new country wouldn’t change your life, but after the week CIEE global navigators have had, i can promise you it can. Arriving in the airport in santiago was scary and nerve-racking, but meeting my group members and seeing friendly faces made it instantly so much easier. After meeting my host mom, i knew i was going to have the best 3 weeks of my life. staying in a host family is such an amazing experience, and the bond formed between you and your roommate and your bond with your host mom is indescribable. This week has been full of amazing and crazy and breathtaking experiences such as meeting friendly young children who are so ready to play, getting a tour of santiago, going to the beach, and going to different museums. It’s all been so exciting and new that it’s been hard to take just a moment to reflect. luckily with the help of our awesome program leaders, we are encouraged to journal and write down EVERYTHING!! It’s shocking how much this can help you process the craziness. as this week is coming to a close, it’s an important time to reflect on the hard things we saw too. Children surviving in poverty living on the streets is something that you will never be ready to see. although it’s difficult, we are all so excited here to play and interact with them and we hope to form amazing connections. From us to you, adios!!