Suphap 15M Thailand

Host Families

Introduction Message:

Hello! My name is Suphap. I go by the name Keng. The chance to introduce myself to you excites me. I'm a 14-year-old Thai boy from northern Thailand, a lovely and historical city. I have a lot of chores at home, including helping with housework and taking good care of our beloved pets. Having lots of siblings and pets in my family has taught me a priceless lesson in understanding and caring for others. Also, I am looking forward to cooking traditional foods for my host family.

Interests:

• Chess
  • Badminton
  • Engineering
  • Cooking
  • Pets

Host Family Letter:

Dear Host Family,

Technology also greatly interests me. In particular, computers. My long-term goal is to become an engineer. I am always eager to improve my computer skills since I think technology is crucial to advancing society. I also learned practical skills from my dad, like changing light bulbs and using equipment like drills to carry out simple plumbing tasks.

The United States has a unique climate and culture. It's not like I've ever seen it in Thailand. Also, The American education system is different from the Thai education system. I look forward to adapting to this new approach and being open to the opportunities it presents.

I am keen to immerse myself in different cultures while also honing my English proficiency. Also, I enjoy having conversations with others, and I am also an outgoing person, which are characteristics of my personality. I get the most joy from getting to know people and creating connections with new people. I also want to get involved in many activities, such as playing sports, outdoor activities and others.

My friends would describe me as a cheerful, friendly and chatty person and I'm looking forward to making meaningful connections during my stay.

Finally, as a part of a student exchange program, I am confident that this experience will greatly contribute to my communication abilities and my self-confidence in conversing with others in English.

Thank you, 

Suphap

Parent Letter:

Dear Host Family,

Our family consists of 7 members - us, 2 sons, and 3 daughters. Our eldest son holds a bachelor's degree, while the others are still studying. One is pursuing dentistry at university, and the rest are in high school. We're a Catholic family residing in northern Thailand. Both of us, as parents, work in furniture production and retail, engaging our children in various responsibilities. Our daily routine involves shared meals, school activities, and family outings. We're keen on swimming, biking, and exploring new places. Our youngest, Keng, is a healthy and active boy with interests in music, sports, and science. While he's less confident in languages, he's motivated to improve, especially in English for his upcoming exchange program. We hope the host family will guide and support him, contributing to his growth and happiness. 

Thank you for welcoming him.