Macarena 16F Spain

Host Families

Introduction Message:

My name is Macarena. I consider myself a shy person but when I catch confidence I can´t stop talking. On my free time I like playing volleyball and paddle-tennis, which is a sport that is not popular in the US but a lot in my country. In my exchange year I´d like to join the volleyball team and maybe the basketball team, too. I also love listening to music, especially by Taylor Swift. When I graduate I´d like to become a pilot, I love travelling. I adore animals, I have a dog whose name is Luke.

Interests:

• Paddle Tennis
  • Volleyball
  • Travel
  • Concerts
  • Reading

Host Family Letter:

My name is Macarena. Thank you for your hospitality of considering me to be your exchange student. I consider myself a shy person, but once I catch confidence, I can´t stop talking. I love sports. I play paddle-tennis and volleyball. I also like music, my favorite singer is Taylor Swift. I also love travelling because I really enjoy discovering new cities. 

I´m from Spain. The city where I live is amazing, it is located in the south. We have great weather almost all year. We are a very united family. My father is a business man and my mother is a flight attendant. I also have a sister, we are twins. Currently, I´m in 9th grade. My favorite subjects are English and Physics. When I graduate, I would like to become a pilot because I´d like to travel all over the world. 

When I hang out with my friends, we usually go to the city center to shop or to go for a walk. We have been together since we were three years old. I also help at home. In the mornings, I always make my bed and walk my dog before going to school. I also help picking up the table and doing the washing up. 

I have been attracted to the US since I was a child. I don´t know why. Maybe it is because of the movies I´ve seen or for the things I´ve heard, but all I know is that I have wanted to go there since forever. On my exchange year, I am looking forward to making new friends and being a part of an American family.

Lastly, thank you again for your generosity of thinking to host me for my exchange year!

Parent Letter:

Dear host family,
We are Macarena's parents. Thank you for considering hosting our daughter during the next school year. We are a very united family and we love making plans together and travelling.

She is the “small” one of our two daughters, actually she was born just 2 minutes after her sister: they are identical twins. For us it is hard to send both the same year, so far away and with a family that we don´t know, but we are sure that will take her in as a member of their family. It says a lot of you to open your home to a complete stranger. 
She is shy, but when she catches confidence, she loves talking. She has a lot of sense of humor, she is responsible and studious. At home she takes part in the house chores. If I had to say something that she´s not so good at is having her bedroom perfectly tidied up.

She likes doing sport: she did horse riding, now she plays paddle-tennis and volleyball. She is open to other sports and she would like to join her Highschool team   during her exchange year. Next year she will take part in her school´s musical. 

We have begun this adventure because of the excitement that she has had since she was little. I don´t know what the USA has, but Macarena is in love with your country. We think that it could be an experience that, apart from the language, contributes a lot cultural and personally and, at the same time, she transmits the value of the Spanish and European culture.

Thank you again for providing this opportunity to our daughter.