Preparing to Become An Expat

Jessie P.

Hey everyone, I am Jessie!

I'm so thrilled to embark on this new chapter in my life and to have the ability to share my experiences with others. My hometown is called Chestefield, which is a part of Saint Louis, Missouri. I attended the University of Arkansas for my undergrad. I recently graduated in Decemeber 2021 with a Bachelor of Science in International Business Marketing and a concentration in Spanish. Before I start my career, I want to explore the world while I am in my 20's. I also want to expand my knowledge of the Spainsh language. Besides seeing as many different countries and cities I can while living abroad, I would like to learn as much as I can about Madrid too. I love learning and experiencing different cultures so I am blessed to be able to live in Europe. I previously lived in Madrid for two months for a student exchange program, but unfortunately due to the pandemic I had to leave two months earlier than I was expecting. Since I felt as though I did not get to finish my journey, I wanted to make sure I gave myself the opportunity to live in Madrid again. I am fairly familiar with the city already, so that has definitely helped ease my nerves and make me feel more confident. The top three goals I have for myself is to make a meanful and positive impact on the kids I am teaching, to learn and use Spanish as often as I can, and to travel. Those short two months I had living in Madrid were completely eye opening and so incredible that I can't wait to make more memories.