A Petite Hello

Jennifer F.

A solid 2 weeks have gone by.
I had a wonderful time in France last week and now, I am officially in Morocco!

It is crazy to know that the last time I blogged I was in Orlando, FL and now I am in Fes!
The past few days have been near 100 degrees, and here is a dry heat so the sweat just seeps out of your body... lovely, I know.

I will blog about this fantastic city of Fes when I have more time, but it sure feels great to be in Morocco. I am trying to learn more Moroccan Arabic each day, so far I have 'solidified' my numbers (6 and 9 are the hardest to say) and I have learned 3 words: bislema = good bye, nchowfu (only said around friends) = see you, lailasyida = good night. 

Tomorrow (Sunday) I am taking a 6.5 hour train ride to El Jadida and will get to see my apartment. Pretty excited to see where I will be living the next 10 months!

Monday, I will go to Rabat (about a 3 hour train ride) to go to the CIEE Center and meet the Moroccan family with whom I will be staying for the week.
Tuesday and Wednesday will be filled with workshops and learning more about Moroccan life and then on Thursday we are going to Chefchaouen, the Blue City!

I cannot wait to meet the other teachers and more of the teachers at the ALCs and to get started!

This is a photo taken at one of the hostel's I stayed at in Fez. I had henna done the other night - I will write about that later, promise!

IMG_20170915_174145_202