Let The Adventure Begin

Erika N.

Following your dreams requires a lot of patience, trust, and hard work. Once I received the exciting news that I was accepted into CIEE’s “Teach Abroad” program, the hunt for a visa appointment began. It took two nerve-racking months to finally get an appointment with the Spanish Consulate in Los Angeles (LA). That was the first step, the second was to travel to LA to turn in my paperwork. After my appointment, I was told to be on the lookout for an e-mail that would confirm my visa application. Finally, three weeks later I received the notification I had been anxiously awaiting; "Consulado de España - visado disponible/visa ready for pick up." 
  Now I can officially say I'M MOVING TO MADRID!! For the past year and a half, I've been waiting to return to the beautiful country I fell in love with when I studied abroad in Bilbao. 
  Another benefit that drew me to this program was the ability to blog for CIEE. Besides, this will allow me to pursue the passion I have for writing. After reading other participant's blogs from this program it helped encourage me to push aside my fears and apply them. I hope that I inspire others to teach and travel abroad too. 
  Stay tuned because in less than ten days; I will be packing one year’s worth of my life into one carry-on & a suitcase (I’m keeping my fingers crossed I can fit all the necessities). La Aventura Comienza!