King and Queen of Spain come to New Orleans USA-Spain link- Ole! and Jazz Rock! together

Carla Jeane G.

The Kind and Queen of Spain, Felipe and Letizia, came to NOLA to celebrate its Spain history.

New Orleans is celebrating its 300 anniversary. This is not only what it could be a great! school project, but a fantastic! topic of conversation while in Spain.  New Orleans was part of Spain for uuhh! About 45 yrs. Actually if you dig the history, the “French Quarter” should actually be called the “Spanish Quarter” I  personally just call it “The Quarter” all urban design is Spanish. The Cabildo is one of the most prominent Spanish historical architecture buildings, which both Felipe and Letizia visited. The laybackness of  the “Big Easy” Party! style atmosphere of New Orleans is partly due to its Spanish heritage. 

What an fantastic treat was to meet them and rock with them.

Photo for blog post King and Queen of Spain come to New Orleans USA-Spain link- Ole! and Jazz Rock! together

They enjoyed listening to Jazz and the famous song "When the Saints Go Marching In". From New Orleans they will go visit San Antonio, TX then they will head to Washington.

Incredible times!