If you want to know a little bit about me, here it goes...
My name is Kyleah Parr. I am 21 years old and a recent graduate from Berea College with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. Currently, I am unsure what I would like to do in the future with my degree, so a gap year (or two) was a must. However, at first I was a little apprehensive about taking a gap year because I could only see myself conducting research or working long hours in an academic setting in order to get more experience. Thankfully, a friend of mine stumbled upon the CIEE teach abroad program. She told me all about it and it sounded like the perfect escape from my academic pursuits. I was drawn in by the opportunity to travel, learn new skills, learn a new language and culture, be helpful to a community, as well as learn more about myself as a person. I am looking forward to this opportunity greatly and I cannot wait to take you all on this journey and hopefully help you plan for your future adventures.
Now, let's get to the slightly more interesting stuff!
- I hate mushrooms... I once tried a korean mushroom to see if it was just American mushrooms I hated, but no. It is all of them. The Korean one was slightly better, but not really, which is sad since now my chances with Joseph Quinn went from slim to none (he hates picky eaters and I refuse to try mushrooms again)
- I love to dance! I used to be on dance teams in college dancing to all different styles like, Latin, hip hop, step, middle eatern, and south asian inspired dances. I also dabbled in contemporary, lyrical and K-pop. For half of these groups I also helped choreograph our pieces.
- I love to read (and write occassionally) and if you ever find my Wattpad stories...no you didn't.
- I use the acronym SMH in everyday conversation. For example, my friend will say "I want to go home" and I will respond with "smh" or by atually saying "shaking my head." I say this so often that my friends have started coming up with comebacks like "keep shaking and your head will fall off" or "I am surprised your head is still attached with how often you shake it" to which I reply with "shaking my head."
- I like to use the word "bruh" as a noun or an adverb or an adjective
- I am addicted to caffeine, but I can stop anytime I want
- My comfort films are Labyrinth (1986), Blown Away (1992), Scream (1996), Queen of the Damned (2002), Phantom of the Opera (2004), and Pride and Prejudice (2005).
- I enjoy anime, Yu-Gi-Oh, magic, DnD, etc. I once created a character in DnD who started off as a criminal, but ascended to god level and essentially she is my role model.
Aaaannd that is all I can think of for now. I hope you all found this slightly interesting and if anything struck your fancy feel free to reach out! I would love to chat!!