A Day in Toledo, Spain

Kamalía A.

If you’re wondering which cities are a MUST-SEE day trip in Spain, wonder no more, you HAVE to spend a day in historical and breathtaking Toledo. We spent the entire day here for only 40€! The city is packed with delicious restaurants with 3-course meals for only 10€, tasty Marzipan and other

homemade edible treasures. The narrow streets hold pathways begging to be explored and photographed. Stores overflow with archaic swords, armor, gold and metal knick-knacks and pretty fabrics to wear.

We travelled there with a super organized and fun travel company by the name of City Life. They coordinated our transportation, activities and showed us the best spots for photos for only 22€! The bus ride was about an hour there from Madrid's Moncloa stop. We even went zip lining across a river for only 8€; and it came with a sick professional photo! You can also book your travel through Renfe, download the super handy FREE mobile app we used to book cheap train tickets called "Go Euro!" (We used this to book our trip to Segovia, Spain roundtrip only 13€!)

Every building was deeply detailed, adeptly chiseled to engrave belief and faith into art and to allow the ancient stories to unfold. The deeply rooted history of the people and cultures of Muslim, Judaism and Christianity come together to create a city filled with incredible architecture and traditions outlasting centuries. 

At the city plaza, you'll find Western influence, such as a McDonalds (let's face it, McDonalds is everywhere), but the city has managed to hold on to its archaic and beautiful treasures. It's so romantic to walk around with your significant other, we even walked into a wedding celebration! Though it's perfect to explore with friends and family too. You don't have to travel far for picturesque sights. 

The food was incredible, along with the service! As I mentioned, it was only 10€! We started with a drink, then you choose a first dish, a second dish and then a dessert. I asked for a glass of wine because it seemed the fanciest, and they gave me my own bottle of wine! My first dish was my first taste of paella, a traditional must-try Spanish dish. My second dish was a steak and french fries (patatas fritas) and I ended it with a tasty tiramisu cake. Perfecto!

You must see Toledo for yourself!

xx,

Kamalía