bienvenidos y welcome

Kielty F.

Hello to all who have ventured into a very amateur but very enthusiastic blog:)) 

Although I've been planning different blogs for a little while now, actually posting them has taken me a minute (or two). So, an introduction is in order of course...

My name is Kielty Ayn Fowler, I'm 23 years old, and I'm from New York; 3 things I am asked by my students almost every day of working as a Language Assistant here in Madrid. Before moving here, I was waitressing back at home just after graduating from Penn State University in the Spring of 2023 where I majored in Public Relations and Advertising and minored in my favorite subject: Spanish Language & Culture. 

During the Winter of 22/23 as all of friends and classmates were finding jobs in New York or Boston or maybe even San Francisco, I was finding myself unenthusiastic about my prospects. I knew I had to feed my passion for language acquisition, travel and real life learning but had no idea where to start. I asked my favorite Spanish professor, Lauren Halberstadt, if she had any suggestions or ideas and as it turned out, she knew just the thing. She connected me with the CIEE program and once I knew teaching children English in Spain was possible, I immediately changed my trajectory. 

I've been living here in Madrid for 5 months now and I can definitely say I've made the right decision. Each day here teaches me something new and I can't wait to share all the tips, tricks, stories, cautions, secrets & more that come with my life here.