Group of young women in hallway smiling

CIEE Teach in Spain Orientation

Connect, Learn, and Begin Your Journey

Click to scroll down and read more
  • Students sitting in a room waiting for orientation to begin
  • Teach in Spain participants at La Caixa Vertical Garden
  • Teach in Spain participants standing by the water

Start Your Teach Abroad Experience Off Right

Upon arrival in Madrid, you will be greeted at the airport by CIEE Madrid staff and transported to a hotel where you will complete CIEE's four-day orientation. CIEE's orientation is designed to give you the information and resources you will need to successfully adjust to your new life in Madrid. Some highlights you can expect are:

• Meet fellow CIEE teachers and build a network of new friends
  • Explore Madrid's neighborhoods and important sites with walking tours in small groups
  • Helpful presentations and discussions with topics including housing, transportation, health & safety, and more
  • Guidance with completing necessary paperwork
  • Cultural activities, such as a flamenco show
  • Four nights of hotel accommodation and most meals provided during orientation

Get an Inside Look at CIEE's Teach in Spain Orientation

Orientation Highlights

International Connections

Connect with fellow teachers and staff

Informational Presentations

Learn tips and advice on navigating your new home

\

Cultural Activities

Participate in interactive cultural activities

Frequently Asked Questions

Orientation will typically take place upon the first week of your arrival. Specific orientation dates will depend on the arrival dates of your Teach in Spain program.  Your coordinators will send details in advance of your departure to Spain.

The CIEE Madrid staff and orientation leaders will go over practical information you’ll need as you adjust to life in Spain. This will include tips on safety, the housing search, how to open a Spanish bank account, how to obtain a transportation card, what to expect in your role as a language assistant, and how to obtain your residency card in Spain. 

CIEE’s Teach in Spain orientation in Madrid is four days, including the arrival day.  You will stay at a hotel with double occupancy rooms for four nights during the orientation.  CIEE staff remain available to answer your questions and provide guidance after orientation and throughout the duration of the program. 

No, only CIEE participants are invited to attend orientation presentations and activities. 

Yes! You will have the opportunity to request a room with a friend or other person at the orientation hotel if you are both attending the same orientation dates.