Sustainability and Clean Tech in the Nordics
Bring your students to one of the world’s most sustainable countries and see how it plans to achieve 100% renewable energy by 2050. Students will explore both the public and private sectors in Denmark to get a deep understanding of how businesses and academic institutions are innovating to create a greener, less oil-dependent society.
The capital city of Copenhagen is known as an environmentally friendly city where cars share the streets with bicycle commuters. In fact, in 2017, the city recorded more bicycle than automobile traffic. The public transportation system is efficient and clean with easy access to buses, trains, metro lines, and ferries. Copenhagen has taken a leading role in innovative environmental sustainability efforts thanks to public-private partnerships in the Copenhagen Science City. Science City is located north of the city center, close to the campus of the University of Copenhagen and the multi-ethnic, dynamic neighborhood of Nørrebro.
Lectures & Site Visits
The Sustainability and Clean Tech in the Nordics program in Copenhagen includes two guest lectures on topics such as:
- Financing Sustainable Solutions
- Danish Climate Change Initiatives
Every CIEE Faculty-Led & Custom program is a unique combination of high-quality academics and co-curricular activities and excursions that offer real-world experiences to enhance classroom learning. Here are just a few of the possibilities for co-curricular activities and excursions in Copenhagen:
- Study tour at the city’s largest urban garden on the rooftop of a former car dealership.
- Face-to-face meetings with local nonprofits to see how they’re helping businesses accelerate the transition toward a greener future.
- Workshop at Green Cubator with entrepreneurs creating clean tech and sustainable solutions.
- Tour of “State of Green” for an introduction to clean-tech industries and insight into the transformation from a heavily oil and coal dependent nation to a leader in sustainable solutions.
- City green bike tour: A three hour guided bike tour focusing on Copenhagen as a sustainable city and its city planning.
- Excursion to Samsø for insight into why its residents invested personal funds so the city could run on 100% renewable energy.
Every program is tailored to suit the needs of your academic goals – so every program is unique. But all programs include on-site orientation, 24/7 emergency support, in-country transportation, accommodations, some meals, classroom space, cultural and theme-related site visits, guest lectures, comprehensive insurance coverage and logistical support from our on-site CIEE staff. We also supply customized advertising materials and other valuable tools to help you get the word out to students.
Hostel accommodations for faculty and students.
Welcome and farewell dinner and group lunches on day-trips.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICING
These “ready-to-run” programs are based on a duration of 2 weeks and a minimum of 15 students but can be customized to meet your specific needs.
Our No. 1 priority is keeping you and your students safe. With more than 70 years of experience creating safe, reliable, study abroad programs around the world, we have an excellent safety record. Each of our sites is regularly assessed using international risk management standards to make certain our programs can be safely and successfully run. In addition, your program includes the peace of mind of iNext medical insurance, the support of the CIEE staff members who are experts in international safety and security, and 24/7 emergency support in-country.