Congratulations to the CIEE Award Winners Recognized at NAFSA

We were delighted to connect with so many of our university colleagues last week at NAFSA in Washington, D.C. An annual highlight of our visit to the conference is the CIEE breakfast where we have a chance to recognize those institutions who are making a difference for students through their support of international opportunities.

Congratulations to all the Innovation, Leadership, and Collaboration Award winners who each receive a $5,000 travel grant for their students along with their award!

Innovation Award

This award goes to a leading institution that has approved or expanded an innovative program that has had a material impact on international opportunities for their students and has advanced the institution’s vision for internationalizing its campus community.

For approving CIEE’s Global Internship programs in Berlin, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Singapore thereby demonstrating support for the idea that internships prepare students for careers, the 2019 CIEE Innovation Award goes to:

• University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)

Photo for blog post Congratulations to the CIEE Award Winners Recognized at NAFSA

Leadership Award

This award goes to an institution whose leadership, in conjunction with CIEE, has led to new and enhanced program that will benefit the entire CIEE Academic Consortium.  In recognition of President Rudy Crew's leadership in matching CIEE's $1500 grant for his students who applied for but did not receive the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship, a commitment that inspired other matching grants and resulted in nearly 50 students studying abroad this summer thanks to the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship Semifinalists Program, the 2019 CIEE Leadership Award goes to:

• Medgar Evers College

Collaboration Award

To honor the institutions that have gone above and beyond to help us expand our STEM programming in a way that meets student needs,  the 2019 CIEE Collaboration Award goes the following FIVE institutions: 

• University of Wisconsin–Madison

• Colorado University, Boulder

• Tulane

• Penn State

• Howard University