AIFS and CIEE Announce New Cohort of Ping Taylor Professional Fellows

CIEE and AIFS are excited to announce the third cohort of higher education professionals to receive the Ping Taylor Professional Fellows Grant, a development program to fund participation at national conferences in the field of international education.

The following five awardees, selected competitively from a nationwide pool of applicants, will use their grant to attend the 2023 Global Inclusion Conference hosted by Diversity Abroad:

• Adilene Garcia-Aniles, Program Manager, Access & Inclusion Coordinator, Education Abroad, University of Colorado Boulder
  • Dario Ogaz, Senior Specialist, Education Abroad, Seattle University
  • Natasha Welcome, Professor, ESL, Middlesex County College
  • Taylor Morgan, Director, Education Abroad, Texas Womans University
  • Taylor Shire, International Programs Coordinator, Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business, Iowa State University

The Global Inclusion Conference will be held in Chicago, Illinois on October 31 – November 3, 2023.

CIEE and AIFS are particularly grateful to Diversity Abroad for their generous support of the Ping Taylor Professional Fellows, as they offered a discount on registration for an award recipient.

The Fellows will engage in four days of learning, skill-building, and networking to equip them to build holistic approaches to address and accelerate systemic and equitable change in all aspects of global education and cultural exchange.

Thus far, the Grant has funded three cohorts of professionals in the field of international education; the first attended Diversity Abroad’s Global Inclusion Conference in San Francisco, the second the Forum on Education Abroad Conference in Seattle, and the third to NAFSA’s 75th Annual conference in Washington, D.C.

The application for the next cohort of Ping Taylor Professional Fellows will open on November 9, 2023, and offer funding to attend the Forum on Education Abroad’s annual conference. Learn more about the program and partnership between AIFS and CIEE.

For program details please contact:
Stacy Benjamin, Director of Professional Development, CIEE
sbenjamin@ciee.org

Kelly Holland, Vice President, Institutional Partnerships, AIFS Abroad
kholland@aifs.com