AIFS and CIEE Announce Second Cohort of Ping Taylor Professional Fellows

AIFS and CIEE are excited to announce the second cohort of higher education professionals to receive the Ping Taylor Professional Fellows Grant, a development program to fund participation at national conferences in the field of international education.

The following six awardees, selected competitively from a nationwide pool of applicants, will use their grant to attend the Forum on Education Abroad conference in Seattle.  

• Neal McKinney, Graduate Research Associate and Doctoral Candidate, College of Education and Human Ecology Office of Equity, Diversity, and Global Engagement, Ohio State University
  • Brian Henry, Program Manager, Office of International Education, University of Denver
  • Jan-Dominique Santos, International Education Manager, Office of International Education, University of South Alabama
  • Vanes Beaubrun, Coordinator, Faculty-Led Programs, Office of International Education, The International Student Center, University of Rhode Island
  • Sarah Craver, Director of Education Abroad, Office of Education Abroad, Hunter College (CUNY)
  • Matt Schiesel, Associate Director of Study Abroad & International Fellowships, Siena College

AIFS and CIEE will provide each awardee with $2000 towards their travel and registration costs. The Forum on Education Abroad provided additional support through reduced registration fees for the Ping Taylor Professional Fellows.

The Forum’s 19th annual conference will take place virtually on March 14-15, 2023, and in-person in Seattle on March 22-24, 2023, and include opportunites for learning, skill-building, and networking (in addition to pre-conference workshops) between leaders in the field of education abroad.

Named to honor the iconic American educator and former chair of CIEE, Dr. Charles Ping, and the founder of AIFS, Sir Cyril Taylor, the Ping Taylor grant provides $100,000 over the next three years for higher education administrators and faculty to attend international education conferences.

The next round of applications will open on March 8 for the NAFSA Association of International Educators Conference to be held in Washington, DC in May 2023. 

Learn more about the program and partnership between AIFS and CIEE.

For program details please contact:

Stacy Benjamin, Director of Professional Development, CIEE

sbenjamin@ciee.org

Kelly Holland, Vice President, Institutional Partnerships, AIFS Abroad

kholland@aifs.com