CIEE's Expanded Study Abroad Portfolio

In March, we shared how CIEE has expanded and aligned our program portfolios in SpainItalyFranceEngland, and Scotland to better meet student demand for flexible, affordable international programs. Based primarily on feedback from you, our college and university partners, we expanded our offerings to provide a comprehensive, flexible, and affordable set of study abroad programs that meet the needs of every student, every major, and every college and university. Highlights include:
  • Over 10 Enhanced CIEE Programs – We updated programs to include a greater selection of courses, new host institution partnerships, and/or expanded eligibility!
  • Over 30 New CIEE Programs – We added new language immersion, discipline-based, and multidisciplinary programs in many of our Western Europe locations!
  • 7 New CIEE Study Abroad Locations in Europe – We opened CIEE Centers in AlicantePalma de MallorcaMilanFlorenceEdinburghGlasgow, and Tallinn.
Plus, in January, we launched new programs in Taipei!

Details of spring ’24 programs are now available online. 

Trailblazer Travel Grants

ANY STUDENT participating in the first year of a new CIEE program will receive a travel grant of up to $1,500 for semester programs and up to $500 for summer programs!

New Host Institutions, New CIEE Programs, New Open Campus Locations, New Internship Opportunities

You’ll likely need to speak with your CIEE representative to absorb all the details, but highlights of our expanded best-in-class European portfolio include:

• New host institution partnerships 
    • University of the Arts London (UAL)
    • Queen Mary University of London
    • Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore Milan 
    • LUISS Rome 
    • ISC Paris Business School
    • University of Strathclyde Glasgow
    • Edinburgh Napier University
    • Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech)
    • and more!

• CIEE “Semester in” Programs in Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Palma de Mallorca, Seville, Florence, Milan, Rome, Paris, London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Tallinn  increase access to study abroad with minimal prerequisites and no language requirements. Students can access thousands of courses from host institution partners and CIEE faculty. 

• CIEE Open Campus Block Programs will be offered in 17 cities starting in Fall '24 when our Open Campus Block Program launches in Milan. Students have unprecedented options to:
    • study in one location for 6, 12 or 18 weeks, embracing language and culture for an extended period in one country, or
    • combine 6-week academic blocks in different international cities to expand their global education and intercultural competencies through custom, comparative learning in different countries and different cultures in just one semester, and 
    • Open Campus Block Programs are ideal for comparative global learning and both convenient and affordable for students from quarter schools.

• CIEE Global Internships provide your students with the largest network of European employers. We've added internship options in Milan and Edinburgh to existing options in Barcelona, Berlin, Dublin, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Rome, Seville, and Toulouse to provide valuable work-based opportunities in a multitude of industries.

For more than 75 years, CIEE has been the leader in providing access to international opportunities by listening to our partners and creating solutions that break down barriers to study abroad for every student. We’re pleased to continue that tradition.

Please reach out to your Manager of Institutional Relations, email IR@ciee.org, or visit us at booth #524 at NAFSA to learn more about our academic or financial aid programs.