CIEE Expands Study Abroad Portfolio – England & Scotland

Communications

CIEE is pleased to announce the expansion of our portfolio in Great Britain to feature 20+ study abroad and internship programs in three dynamic English and Scottish cities. Starting in spring ‘24, the CIEE portfolio in Great Britain has been expanded to include:

1. New CIEE programs in London – We’re launching several new opportunities in the United Kingdom’s capital city, including a new semester-long business program and new direct enroll options! 
  2. New CIEE Study Abroad Centers  – To offer new, unique options for students who want to study abroad in an English-speaking nation with world-class universities, we’re opening two CIEE Centers in exciting Scottish cities, one in the cultural and literary hub of Edinburgh and one in the friendly, sustainability-focused city of Glasgow!
  3. A robust portfolio in London, Glasgow, and Edinburgh – CIEE offers a comprehensive portfolio of programs in Great Britain, including direct enroll, hybrid, and internships, as well as the innovative and affordable CIEE Open Campus Block program!

See the entire CIEE Great Britain Study Abroad Portfolio on our Spring 2024 Portfolio Expansion website ›

With a robust selection of semester, Open Campus Block, summer, J-term, and internship programs offered in London, Edinburgh, and Glasgow, CIEE has options to meet the needs of every student regardless of budget, academic schedule, or major. Detailed program updates will be published to the web this spring.

Moreover, CIEE offers the most generous and flexible suite of scholarships and grants, including travel grants for Pell-eligible students, CIEE Gilman Scholarship matching grants, academic merit grants, Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship and Scholars awards, and CIEE alumni discounts.

CIEE’s expansion in England and Scotland is part of our overarching plan for thoughtful additions and updates across the entire CIEE worldwide study abroad portfolio to better meet student demand and open the door to study abroad for a greater diversity of students. We’ve started by updating our portfolio in several popular Western European locations, including previously announced updates to our Spain, Italy , and France Portfolios.

Expansion of CIEE’s Great Britain Program Portfolio

The expanded CIEE portfolios in England and Scotland now offer a larger variety of best-in-class study abroad programs to meet the needs of students with diverse academic needs, budgets, and interests. The portfolio includes existing, updated, and new programs taught at multiple host institutions or by CIEE faculty:

• Discipline-based Programs – include courses taught at host institutions and by CIEE faculty. New to the CIEE London portfolio is a semester-long Business and Culture program.

• Multidisciplinary Programs 
    • CIEE “Semester in” Programs – are designed to increase access to study abroad by offering broad eligibility with minimal prerequisites. Students can access hundreds of courses from host institution partners and CIEE faculty. Starting in spring ’24, we will be offering CIEE Semester in London, CIEE Semester in Edinburgh, and CIEE Semester in Glasgow.
    • CIEE Arts & Sciences Programs – enable students to direct enroll at partner institutions to take general studies courses. Since English is the language of instruction at host institutions in Great Britain, via our direct enroll programs, CIEE can provide access to renowned British universities to study abroad in a variety of disciplines, such as Humanities and Social Sciences, Science and Engineering, Medicine and Dentistry, Law, or Business and Economics.
    • CIEE Open Campus Block Programs – allow students to take up to three consecutive 6-week academic blocks in London or combine 6-week blocks in London with 6-week blocks in 15+ other CIEE Open Campus Block locations. These programs are ideal for comparative global learning and for students from quarter schools.
    • CIEE Global Internships – provide a network of employers in London and Edinburgh across a multitude of industries who can deliver valuable work-based learning opportunities.

New! CIEE Edinburgh

Located in southeastern Scotland close to the North Sea, Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland, is famed for its striking medieval architecture, rich 1,000-year history, cobblestone streets, and acclaimed museums. Edinburgh’s literary heritage and its world-renowned annual arts festival make the city an incredible place to study abroad for students passionate about writing and theater. Plus, the city’s commitment to renewable energy makes Edinburgh an ideal destination for students interested in climate and environmental sustainability.

New! CIEE Glasgow

The largest city in Scotland, Glasgow has a thriving cultural scene and a wealth of green spaces, historic buildings, colorful street art, quaint pubs, and friendly people. As a major hub for biotech companies and scientific research, Glasgow is particularly appealing for students pursuing business and STEM degrees.

A webinar outlining all the elements of CIEE’s Spring 2024 Portfolio Expansion will be held on March 29 at 12:00 p.m. EST.

You can also reach out to your Manager of Institutional Relations or contact InstitutionalRelations@ciee.org for detailed information.

For more than 75 years, CIEE has had the most extensive, comprehensive, flexible, and affordable set of study abroad programs for every student, every major, and every college and university.