Impacts of German Culture

Michael A.

Culture plays a pivotal role on the public health of a civilization. The German culture affects its citizens in both positive and negative ways. The positive impacts are living long healthy lives while the negative impacts are hidden over time. Germany is a beautiful place where the citizens interact with each other daily. The transportation aspect of the city makes the citizens have close contact with each other.

One type of transportation is bicycling. The citizens almost always bicycle to their destination. Bicycling is a form of exercise that keeps the citizens healthy. The physical conditions of the citizens are always important in the overlook of global public health. The health of the citizens states how their society supports them. It is shown that continuous exercise will reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of a heart attack and stroke, slow aging, triggers the growth of new brain cells, treat depression, and reduce dementia risk. The use of bicycles will complete the minimum requirement of physical activity recommended per week. The benefits will overall bring the state of health up.

The second type of transportation the citizens use is the subway and bus system. This system impacts the society by having the citizens in contact with each other. The subway requires them to share public space with strangers. This interaction will inevitably strengthen the immune system of the citizens. The contact with their environment will introduce new substances and organisms to their immune system.

German culture also affects their health in a negative way. The constant smoking and drinking will play a tole on the health of the citizens. The culture normalizes drinking and smoking so many of the citizens do the activity. Smoking could lead to a number of problems such as lung cancer. Drinking could also lead to problems like liver cancer. The outcomes are limitless so the culture of a society really impacts its standpoint on global public health.