24 Hours in Prague: A Global Intern's Guide to the Czech Republic

AIC Internships

When you are a Global Intern in Prague, the possibilities are endless.  From untouched historical architecture, plentiful shopping abound cobblestone roads, and street food galore, there is so much to see - and eat. We have put together an itinerary for 24 hours in Prague, as well as some other not-to-miss attractions around the city and surrounding areas. We are curious what your favorites will be from Prague! Now it's time to get out there and explore...

10:00 AM 

The iconic Charles Bridge is waiting for you to get up and start your day! Catch beautiful sunrises and sunsets while looking over the heart of Prague. See famous statues, buy local street art, and enjoy the calm waters below as you meander across Prague. Construction on the bridge started in 1357, and it is still currently one of the most visited and walked attractions in Prague, and Central Europe. 

1:00 PM

While you are exploring the bridge, if you are leaving downtown Prague, head on over and see the famous Lennon Wall. The Lennon Wall is an ever-evolving famous piece of street art located behind the Charles Bridge. Through many iterations and a variety of historical protests, the Lennon Wall is the only site of legal street art and graffiti in Prague. Will you leave your mark? 

Pro tip: we recommend getting to Lennon's wall on foot to avoid the narrow Czech roads. Save this Google Map to your phone when you have WiFi so you can navigate the city like a local!

Photo for blog post 24 Hours in Prague: A Global Intern's Guide to the Czech Republic

4:00 PM

It's time to see history in action (again...and again) while you take the local tram up to Prague Castle. With more than 1,000 years of history, we recommend getting a guided tour. You can buy tickets in advance, as well as view the castle map so you can mark all your must-sees. 

7:00 PM

It's the best time of the day in Prague - dinner and drinks! You've earned yourself a treat of the locals, a Pilsner Urquell and some Knedliky - bread dumplings that are traditionally served with a type of meat and sauce. Be prepared to go home full!

Prague has so much to offer a Global Intern - luckily you will be there for more than one day. Some of the Czech Republic's most significant history sits in Prague, from gothic architecture to traditional Eastern European comfort food. Looking for more suggestions in Prague? We trust The Lonely Planet's Guide to Prague!

For over 30 years, we have built an exceptional track record of matching students to internship experiences offering rich opportunities for growth in a wide range of fields—from financial services and marketing to healthcare, technology, and the environment. Intern placements are based on how each student’s aspirations, skills, and experience can benefit them as an intern abroad, as determined through an individual pre-placement meeting. While each internship is unique, every program combines cultural, academic, and professional development opportunities to allow students to achieve personal growth and competitive advantage in the global workforce.

Learn more