International Faculty Development Seminars
CIEE International Faculty Development Seminars (IFDS) provide faculty and administrators with access to rich academics, diverse intercultural experiences, and innovative approaches to learning and problem-solving that enhance syllabi, internationalize curricula, and increase global understanding on campus.
On an IFDS, you’ll:
- Attend lectures given by faculty and experts from prestigious institutions.
- Visit fascinating locations linked to academic content.
- Share ideas and shape conclusions on subjects uniquely relevant to the world today.
- Collaborate with local organizations and top institutions to experience solutions to current challenges in action.
- Participate in an exclusive CIEE ‘Now What?’ Workshop, during which you’ll develop a plan to put your international experience to full use – in your classroom, in your community, and on a personal level.
What People are Saying
"The seminar in Cuba corresponded to my expectations in terms of supporting the advancement of my teaching and research in the field of Afro-Latin American studies on many levels."Ivette Wilson, Assistant Professor of Spanish, Wabash College, Cuba
"As we found out almost on a daily basis, a lot more learning and aha moments about Senegal came from the most unexpected quarters and from what could not be gleaned between the lines of the neatly-typed schedule."Arthur Onipede Hollist, Associate Professor of English, University of Tampa, Senegal
"The seminar was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that provided a multi-experiential understanding of food through guided tastings, seminars, in-class lessons/exercises, and cross-country travel with a group of colleagues learning from each other’s varied disciplines."Kimberly Jackson, Associate Professor of Biochemistry, Spelman College, Italy